.JOBS Domain Name Rules and Requirements
Common Domain Name Rules
PD Hosting provides 2nd Level Domain Registration, under .JOBS.
Domain Theft Protection feature is supported for .JOBS domain names.
JOBS Domain Name Registration
A .JOBS domain name may be Registered for 1 to 10 years.
Registration request for a .JOBS domain name will be verified by the Registry, prior to domain name activation. The Registry has up to 90 days to render their decision to either approve the request or deny it.
The Registry retains the right to reserve domain names from registration eligibility. The Registry will not permit the validation of .JOBS registrations for names that fall into one of the four categories on the Reserved List Policy, outlined below.
The ability to secure a generic word in .JOBS is dependent upon the legal or commonly known company name of the Registrant. If the Registrant is not known by the name then the Registrant will not be able to register the name.
Additionally, various generic terms and identifiers, such as geographic names (major cities, countries, etc.), industry and occupational classifications, profane words and other terms of common interest to the HR Community are either Registry-reserve words or otherwise reserved from registration.
A .JOBS domain name has a 4 day Money Back Grace Period.
Upon Registering a .JOBS domain name, you may not Transfer-Away from PD Hosting, until 60 days.
.JOBS domain names do not support Internationalized Domain Names (IDN).
Reserved word categories
– Occupational and industry names (e.g. nursing.jobs, accounting.jobs, retail.jobs)
– Geographic names (e.g., cityname.jobs, regionname.jobs, zipcode.jobs)
– ICANN-reserved names (see .JOBS Sponsored TLD Registry Agreement at https://www.icann.org/resources/agreement/jobs-2015-02-20-en)
– Other generic names (e.g. recruit.jobs)
– Registrations with the word “jobs” in the second level
– ICANN-designated reserved words
JOBS Domain Name Renewal
A .JOBS domain name may be Renewed for 1 to 10 years.
Upon Expiry of a .JOBS domain name:
– Any service such as email, website, etc., configured for this domain name would stop functioning, until the domain name is Renewed.
– If the .JOBS domain name is not Renewed until 36 days, the domain name would get Deleted and would slip into Redemption Grace Period.
JOBS Domain Name Transfer
Upon Transferring a .JOBS domain name, the domain name gets renewed by 1 year.
All .JOBS domain names have a Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code.
The length of a Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code may vary between 8 to 32 characters.
Contact Details related Rules
.JOBS domain names use the General Contact database in the system.
.JOBS domain names use the following 4 Contacts itself:
– Registrant Contact
– Administrative Contact
– Technical Contact
– Billing Contact
While registering a .JOBS domain name, you need to provide the following additional details about the Contacts:
– Title: Title of the Contact in the Company
– Website: Company Website
– Industry Type: Type / Classification of the industry in which the company conducts its business
– Is Admin Contact?: Whether the Contact is designated as Admin for the domain name
– Is a member of HR Association?: Whether the Contact is a member of the HR Association
.JOBS Contacts support accented characters.
.JOBS domain names support PDHosting’s Privacy Protection feature.
Modifying the Registrant Contact Organization for a .JOBS domain name will necessitate re-verification.
A fee might apply depending on the situation; instances are handled on a case by case basis by the Registry Operator for .JOBS (Employ Media LLC). Registry Operator may be contacted directly at the time of the Registrant change to find out if there is going to be any fee.
Name Servers and Child Name Servers related Rules
Each .JOBS domain name needs to have at least 2 Name Servers and may have up-to 13 Name Servers.
There is no limitation on the number of Child Name Servers you may create.
You may associate upto 13 IP Address per Child Name Server.
You may associate IPv6 Address in Child Name Servers.
You may modify both Name Servers as well as any Child Name Servers associated with your .JOBS domain name.
How do I buy a Domain Name?
Looking for an easy place to register your domain, secure and flexible domain registration, the best domain name registration management and support? You’ll get that all from PD Hosting!
The easiest way to buy a domain name from the PD Hosting by using our Domain Registration tool to check the availability of your domain, pop in a few details and you’re done – your domain will be registered within seconds.
PD Hosting offers hundreds of additional TLD options bound to fit your needs! View all our domain extensions and prices in one place.