.ES Domain Name Rules and Requirements
Common Domain Name Rules
PD Hosting provides 2nd Level Domain Registration, under .ES.
Domain Theft Protection feature is not available for .ES domain names.
ES Domain Name Registration
A .ES domain name can be Registered for only 1 to 5 years.
The .ES Registry prohibits the Registration of some domain names 1 such as those related to certain Internet terms, Spanish constitutional bodies, Spanish institutions, etc.
A .ES domain name does not have any Money Back Grace Period.
How do I register an ES domain name?
Simply use our Domain Search tool to check the availability of your .ES domain (ES Domain name registration), add the domain name to your cart and start the checkout process. Pop in a few details and you’re done – your .ES domain will be registered within seconds.
ES Domain Name Renewal
A .ES domain name can be Renewed for only 1 to 5 years.
Upon Expiry of an .ES domain name:
– Any service such as email, website, etc., configured for this domain name would stop functioning, until the domain name is renewed.
– The .ES Registry would email the Admin Contact listed in the Whois of the domain name, that the domain name has not yet been Renewed and if needed, the domain name owner may transfer their domain name under the .ES Registry and then Renew this domain name with them.
– If the .ES domain name is not Renewed until 9 days, the domain name would get Deleted and would immediately be available for Registration.
ES Domain Name Transfer
Transferring a .ES domain name to PD Hosting is free of cost.
Transfer does not includes a 1 year Renewal.
A .ES domain name does not have a Domain (Transfer) Secret Key/Authorization Code.
Upon placing a Transfer request for your .ES domain name to PD Hosting, the .ES Registry will email the Admin Contact listed in the Whois of the domain name. The Admin Contact must click the approval link within 10 days to confirm the Transfer. If the approval link is not clicked or the decline link is clicked, the domain name will continue being registered with the current Registrar.
The Bulk Transfer feature is not available for .ES domain names.
Contact Details related Rules
.ES domain names use an independent Contact database in the system. Contacts for .ES domain names are listed under .ES Contact.
The following list displays the various types of .ES Contacts listed in our system and how they are displayed in the Whois of .ES domain names:
.ES Contact Type displayed in the System
.ES Contact Type displayed in the Whois
Contact Details addition is restricted in the following ways:
For Registrant Contact
The Registrant Contact of a .ES domain name may either be a natural person/individual or a company.
You may neither modify through our system any Contact Details nor select another Contact as the Registrant Contact, of a registered .ES domain name.
For Other Contacts
The Admin, Technical and Billing Contacts must be natural persons/individuals only.
You may not modify any Contact Details. However, you may add another .ES Contact and select the same as either the Admin, Technical or Billing Contact.
Common: While adding a .ES Contact, you need to provide the following additional information:
Type of Entity: Depending upon whether you plan to use this contact as a Registrant or as any other contact, you need to select one of the following:
– Natural person or individual
– Economic Interest Grouping
– Sports Association
– Trade Association
– Savings Bank
– Community Property
– Religious Order or Institution
– Public Law Association
– Sports Federation
– Mutual Insurance Company
– Provincial Government Body
– National Government Body
– Political Party
– Trade Union
– Farm Partnership
– Public Limited Company / Corporation
– Sports Public Limited Company
– General Partnership
– Limited Partnership
– Worker-owned Company
– Limited Liability Company
– Spanish (company) Branch
– Temporary Consortium / Joint Venture
– Worker-owned Limited Company
– Provincial Government Entity
– National Government Entity
– Local Government Entity
– Designation of Origin Regulatory Council
– Natural Area Management Entity
Type of Identification: You may choose to provide us any of the following identification details:
– DNI or NIF: Select this option if you can provide us either your Spanish National Personal ID or your company VAT ID number.
– NIE: Select this option if you can provide us your Spanish resident alien ID number.
– Other ID: Select this option if you do not have any of the above mentioned IDs but can provide either your Passport number, any Foreign ID document number, Company Registration number, Driver’s License number, etc.
Identification Number: Depending upon the option you selected above, you need to provide that ID’s number here.
Accented character usage is supported in the following fields in .ES Contacts:
– Company Name
All UTF-8 characters are supported in the above-mentioned fields.
.ES domain names do not support PD Hosting’s Privacy Protection feature.
Name Servers and Child Name Servers related Rules
Each .ES domain name needs to have at least 2 Name Servers and can have up-to 7 Name Servers.
There is no limitation on the number of Child Name Servers you can create.
You may associate only a single IP Address per Child Name Server.
Once created, you may neither delete a Child Name Server nor modify its Host Name. Only the associated IP Address can be modified.
How do I buy a Domain Name?
Looking for an easy place to register your domain, secure and flexible domain registration, the best domain name registration management and support? You’ll get that all from PD Hosting!
The easiest way to buy a domain name from the PD Hosting by using our Domain Registration tool to check the availability of your domain, pop in a few details and you’re done – your domain will be registered within seconds.
PD Hosting offers hundreds of additional TLD options bound to fit your needs! View all our domain extensions and prices in one place.